Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Back to a routine

Bob is no longer working the part time painting job in the evenings and now that the Holiday's are over, we have gotten back to "normal" routine of things. I have been back working on the basement project at Bob's Brother's house. It's been very dirty and wet work. It's going to be really rewarding when it's all done because I can stand back and say.."I did this" when Steven is all pleased with how his basement will look. Today I was working with cement. Places where I tore up wet soggy floor tiles have stayed dry and don't appear to have any leaks. I needed to lay a thin layer of cement over those spots to make the floor "somewhat" even. I'm hoping that by tomorrow, a very wet and soggy corner will be less wet so that I can get back in there and finish prepping the wall for the water drainage system I will be installing in the next few days. I haven't taken any photographs of the basement in a long time. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some new photos.

I have also been watching how I eat. I don't want to say that I'm on a diet because I'm not. I'm eating way more healthy now. I'm really trying to watch the sugars that are in my foods and I'm cutting way back on the portion sizes I've been used to eating. I haven't mentioned it, but in the 4 months I've been here in Maryland, I've gained 20 pounds. A couple of weeks ago I stepped on the scale only to be horrified to see what it said. I was 195 pounds. That's the biggest I've ever been (outside of being 9 months pregnant with a 10 pound baby and weighing in at 200 right before delivery). I'm happy to say that in just one week of not eating like a pig, I've lost 5 pounds. My goal is to get down to 140 pounds and drop a few pants sizes along the way. I'm not putting pressure on myself about this and setting a time frame, but it would be nice to reach that goal in about 6 months. A friend of mine gave me some Pilates tapes that she uses. I still haven't looked at them yet, but after I post this, I'm going out to the TV to see what it's all about. I know that Pilates is more of a strengthing thing than something that is tp be used primarily for wieght loss, but it's a start as I see it. I'll need to get back into doing my crunches that I was doing before and since the weather has been so tolerable so far this year, I'm hoping to get out and take a walk a few times a week. (I know I should everyday). I took some motivational photos of myself in my undrwear. Oh my goodness...I can't believe I got this huge. My plan is to take new photos once a month to see progress. These photos won't be posted since I take them wearing next to nothing, but I'll figure out a way to show some before and after shots.

Now to get up from this computer chair and go check out this Pilates thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home