Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hmmm...what's new?

1.) Heard from my son...he's doing pretty well for the most part. He has survived the "gas chamber" and the "tower" training. They have been doing "full gear" training in all kinds of weather (hot, rainy etc.). He himself is doing a pretty good job of things. He says the platoon as a whole is another story. He says he happens to be in a group that can't seem to function well as a team. (that doesn't sit well in the drill sergeants eyes). My Son has flat feet and I know that in many years past, they wouldn't accept you if you were like that. Anyhow, he says his combat boots have torn up his left foot. He says he has a quarter size spot on the bottom of his foot where the skin has just been worn away. He refuses to go to sick call because they "chart" you, then you can't participate in all events. He needs to participate in all events in order to graduate on time (or at all). He told his drill sergeant that he'd walk his foot off before going to sick call. All in all, he loves it and is doing a fine job.

2.) I got an estimate to get my bumper fixed. It's only going to be $430. Now if I can get this "good Samaritan" to come pick up the estimate, I'll feel better. I'll have to break down and call him again if I don't see him before 3pm tomorrow at work.

3.)Thursday's around here in our neighborhood is recycle day. For some reason last week and today, they never came to pick up our bins. Naturally today we had to put out an extra bin since our regular bin was over flowing from not being picked up last week. Guess I'll have to get on our cities website and see if it says anything about them being on strike or not. I know it's not just our bins, because all through town there are recycle bins sitting along the curbs and all are full to maximum capacity. Hmmmm...weird.

4.) On June 4th I needed to cancel my dentist appointment to get my teeth cleaned since I picked up more hours at work. Well, this morning I rescheduled that appointment and low and behold, it's for Saturday morning at 7am!!! I'm actually looking forward to it. Hopefully now I'll have better breath and won't be so self conscious about it. The lady that scheduled my appointment was actually shocked that I chose the 7am appointment. I'd rather just get it the heck out of the way and get on with the rest of my day. Tomorrow is looking like a pretty busy day for both Bob and I.

5.) Part of our busy day Saturday (tomorrow) is that we are going to a grand opening of some rowhomes that are being built right up the road from us. Our friends are coming too. None of us are looking to buy one, just out of mere curiosity mostly. Here is a link to check out if you are curious too. Once you get to the website, click on "Arts District Hyattsville". It's very informational stuff. You can see on the map (if you click on directions), just how close to the DC border we are.

So, I guess that's about it for all that's new around here lately. Hope things are good with everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home