Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I just noticed this will be post #451

My friend is picking me up today and taking me out to lunch today around noon. She says it's to celebrate my new job that starts tomorrow. I thought that was pretty cool of her. She and I went out to lunch after she was finished working her old job (in anticipation of starting her new one).

I woke up this morning with one of the worst sinus headaches I've had in quite awhile. I didn't think twice about crawling back into bed after Bob went to work. I fell instantly to sleep for about another hour and a 1/2. Now I just feel "stuffy" but with no headache. After all, the way I look at it, today was the last day I get a chance to do that. I have to get up at 5am tomorrow to get ready for work. I'll have to get used to working from 6:30am to 4:30pm again. I haven't worked like that in quite some time. Even at my last job I mostly worked 2pm to midnight, which allowed me to sleep in if I wanted. I'm looking forward to this though. True, it's only going to average 3 days a week at 24 hours, but I need to get back into a working routine. How else will I pay into Social Security if not through a paycheck that takes it out? It's been a long stretch for me in not earning paychecks. (the last day I worked "officially" was August 20, 2006)

When I get home from our lunch date, I get the "pleasure" of uploading our windows vista upgrade. I feel now that I'm all prepared to do just that. I have ran a system check on our computer and it assures me it is compatible with vista. I have all the system backup discs needed as well. I saved documents and photos and scans, etc. the other day. If I'm not ready now, I never will be. I'm just hoping this upgrade goes smoothly. If not, I'm sure I'll post about it once I figure things out.

Wish me luck....I think I'll need it.

***UPDATE***

Well, I loaded the Vista update without a hitch!! It only took 3 and 1/2 hours and I barely had to babysit the computer. So far there doesn't seem to be any problems and in fact, the computer seems much clearer..(that's good for tired old eyes).

My GM called this afternoon about me starting tomorrow. I'm relieved to know I don't need to show up until 9am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home