Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Son...(timeline)

The date was May 15, 1981 @ 4:58pm. You finally decided to make an appearance in this world weighing 10 lbs. 4 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. Every year since you were born, on your birthday, I've tried to make them all special in some way. This year is a little hard for me though, since I can't even call you today. I know you are being well taken care of and all that jazz, but you should know by now how Mom's are. You have made one of the biggest decisions you'll ever make in your life by joining the Army. I know that you are experiencing things right now that will make you a fine soldier. It's been 9 months now since the last time I saw you and it will be at least 2 more months until I can see you again. I have been going through the photos (like Mom's do) and wanted to share them. It's my way of reflecting on your life so far and realizing just how fast the years have gone by. You are now a man of 26 years. My little man that got on that kindergarten bus so long ago, has grown up. The next time I see you, you'll be a fine looking soldier of The United States Army. In my eyes, you'll always be my little man. We have been through a lot over the years, that goes without saying. I've done my best as your Mother to do the right things. I, like other Mother's, have had tough times. It's very heartwarming to know that you have turned out to be a responsible adult. I know that you haven't always made the right choices in your life, but I've always been there for you when I could. I am your biggest supporter now!

I know it's going to be a long time before you can read this, but I just want you to know that I love you very much and I'm very proud of you.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home