Tuesday, May 08, 2007

He's on his way.......

Well, today the recruiters picked my Son up from his home and took him to a hotel in downtown Jacksonville. At the butt crack of dawn tomorrow morning they will pick him up and take him to the Mepps Station (I think that's what they call it), for his final swearing in. Then it's on a bus to Georgia where his life as he now knows it will cease to exist.

I got to talk to him last night for about 45 minutes or so and then again this afternoon for a little while. He's very excited and looking forward to getting there and getting on with his new life in the Army. I'm excited for him and yet at the same time, I'm apprehensive about it. Now I'm looking forward to the 3rd week of July. That is about the time I have it figured that he'll be graduating from basic training and that's when I'll get to go down and see him. Georgia isn't that far away and Bob already has assured me that he'll be going with me. I'm really looking forward to seeing an all new Son.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I'll be sure to update about him offend when I know anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home