Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Jefferson Memorial

The weather was simply fantastic today. It was very sunny and a high in the low 80's. Bob and I took the Subway into Washington, DC and walked to the Jefferson Memorial and all around the tidal basin. I was surprised at how very few people were there. I just figured that as nice as it was, that there would be more people. Guess since there wasn't anything special going on like the Cherry Blossom Festival, that was why it seemed so empty down there. I'm sitting here this evening looking pretty red in the face and across my shoulders. I knew I was going to get alot of sun and didn't care to apply sun block. I wanted to get some sun. I never peel so I didn't care if I got a little burned. (I know what you're going to say.....skin cancer and that I should have used something...well shhhhh about it.) If I know I'm going to spend a great deal of time in the sun, I do wear a sun block. (But that's not what I wanted to blog about)




Here are some of the photos we took today. Bob took most of these since he was using the digital while I was using my 35mm camera. I loved using the zoom lens he bought for me at Christmas. I can't wait to get those developed. I got some good photos of a few airplanes coming in for a landing at Reagan International Airport that is close by. Hopefully, I'll have those 3 rolls developed tomorrow. For now though....here are some of what we saw today...........








































































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home