Thursday, April 12, 2007

What's new

Things have been pretty busy for me since I've been home. It's been a week today that I've been back here in Maryland. I had no time for rest either. Here's a run down of what I've been up too.

Saturday..... The day started by us having to be at Bob's Brother's house to receive a delivery from the supply store of 16 sheets of drywall and accessories to go along with drywalling. Oh and the delivery came at 8am!!!! I really can't remember what else we did the rest of the day.

Sunday.... Easter. We spent the morning here just the 2 of us then went to Bob's Brother's house for dinner. That was a nice afternoon and early evening.

Monday.... Back to work in the basement. No rest for me...nope. We started right away hanging the drywall on the ceiling. Talk about hard work. Now I'm only 5' 4" and have little to no upper body strength. It took all I had and what extra I could muster up inside to push up on that sheet of drywall to hold it in place long enough for Bob to get enough screws in it to hold it up. We made great progress and got alot done on the first day.

Tuesday.... I went to another job sight Bob is working on and helped him with the installation of a drop ceiling in thier basement. (alot easier than hanging drywall). That was short lived though, because we spent the rest of the afternoon in the basement I'm working in hanging more drywall.

Wednesday.... Yep, you guessed it....hung more drywall.

Today (Thursday)...I went grocery shopping this morning then met Bob over at his Brother's basement around noon and hung more drywall. The room is looking fabulous. I think I'm going to be spending tomorrow learning the fine art of "mudding". Joint compound looks easy, but I'm sure there is a method to be learned. I have 20 hours of work in so far this week. That doesn't seem like alot, but holy cow, I'm realizing how hard this hanging drywall really is.


I'm sure I'll be posting again soon. I've just been so busy this week that I haven't been on here. I'll be sure to come visiting too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home