Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Turning the page

My Ex-Father-in-law used to say "turn the page" when a topic got old and a conversation got stale. Well, I have decided that "I'm turning the page" on alot of things from Ohio. (other than my family). Those things are behind me and in my past. I'm not dwelling on any of it any longer. My new life is here and there are and will be things in my life far worthy of my focus. I have started actively job searching now. The apartment is pretty much put together and I'm confident of my way around here. I'm hoping to have my truck registered soon so I won't have to "find the time" to get that done once I do start working. One month ago today was my last day of employment. I'm ready to be out there again if only a few days a week. I'm looking forward to working part time. For so many years (nearly 18 total) I have worked 50 to 60 hours a week busting my ass to make ends meet. It's nice to know that I no longer have to do that. I have been checking out bank teller postitions. Mainly my decision for that career is the appeal of the hours. I have worked for nearly 20 years in the food industry and it's way over due for me to stay away from that field. I need a change and doing something I like that I feel will be rewarding. There is a bank chain opening branches in this area so I feel I have a good chance as any to be a part of that. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it and want to move into it full time. I'm very comfortable only working part time. I feel as though things are progressing nicely for Bob & I. Moving forward is so awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home