Tuesday, December 09, 2008

NOROVIRUS

HMMMMM.......................... it could have been that.

Norovirus



Common names of the illness caused by noroviruses are winter vomiting disease, viral gastroenteritis and acute non-bacterial gastroenteritis[5], also colloquially known as "stomach flu" — a broad name that can also refer to gastric inflammation caused by other viruses and bacteria.



Signs and symptoms:
The disease is usually self-limiting, and characterized by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. General lethargy, weakness, muscle aches, headache, and low-grade fever may occur.


This sure does sum up what we were feeling here over the weekend. i even tried to go to my aerobics class lastnight. I managed to stay an hour but limited what I participated in. There was way too much jumping around and bending for my stomach to handle. I was having acid burp-ups all day, so I'm not sure why I thought I could make it through an entire aerobics class. i'm happy to report that both of us are back to our normal selves today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home