Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update on things

Well let's see what's new around here..........................

I've heard from my Son a few times. He is somewhere in South Baghdad. He's not aloud to tell me where or what they are doing and that's fine with me. As long as I hear from him and know he's ok, then I'm fine. He says he's getting used to the 108 - 120 degrees but the sweating is really bothering him. They must send their laundry out somewhere because in a letter I recieved from him today, he stated that it takes 4 days to get his laundry back after he sends it out so even though he showers, he has to wear the same uniform for a few days. I told him to be glad he's somewhere where they can at least shower. It could always be worse. He says he's doing fine and enjoys my letters. It's hard sometimes to come up with things to say to him so I just talk to him about things I do at work or just what's going on here at home. His letters are so short because his internet time is limited. I'm just thrilled each time I open my email inbox and see that I have something from him.

I'm down a few more pounds in my weight. I've now reached my 50 pound mark!!!!! I'm down to 150 pounds as of today!!! Bob asked me what size dress I would wear now and I couldn't even venture a guess. So, we had some errands to do today and we were going to the movies, so we stopped at the mall and we went into The Dress Barn. I tried on 6 dresses and they all fit. What is so remarkable about that is that they are all size 8!! I had to restrain myself from jumping up and down in the dressing room. I have to say, I have never looked so skinny in a dress since high school!!! I wish my digital wasn't broken so I could post some photos. I'll try to remedy that soon.

Hmmmm, I guess that's about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home