Saturday, August 16, 2008

Awesome news!!!

I have been at 155 pounds for a few days now....(down 45pounds). Bob and I went shopping to kohl's to get me some pants that fit. My size 10's were getting baggy enough to slip off without undoing. I'm happy to report that I am now comfortably into a size 8!!! I'm so excited. I haven't been in this size since 1992.

Bob and I have now added a morning jog through the neighborhood in the early morning (about 6am) and trust me, the roads here are better than any incline on a treadmill at the gym. The route we go on is only 1.1 miles but the hills are what gets me. I'm still getting used to jogging on the pavement compared to the treadmill. My knees have been letting me know they don't care for it. It's a great wake me up and I can feel myself getting stronger. Ive also added one of the new cycle machines they have at the gym. I set it for 20 minutes and keep the level between 8 and 9 (not sure what the equals to) and manage a good sweat and can pedal 5 miles with my heart rate at about 139. I feel terrific when I'm done. I have also added sit ups on an incline bench with 8 pound dumbells and twist on the way up. I am up to 130 sit ups (in sets of 20). I feel so healthy these days.

I hate boring anyone with this, but I'm just so excited that I have to share it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home