Friday, September 19, 2008

Letter from my Son that I woke up to this morning...

Well I guess we're leaving sooner than I told you on the phone. They're passing out or ammo tonight and putting us on stand by till its time to get on the plane. Could be tonight or tomorrow morning. Or it could be that some shit will come up and we'll sit here for a few more days. I'll let you know if we don't go, if I don't write for a few days then I'm in Iraq. I don't want to say anything to upset you but I just wanted to let you know that as soon as we're in the air we enter a combat zone. They may be shooting at us as we fly over, but Iraqi's can't shoot worth shit so we should be alright. If you think I'm being funny I'm not, they don't aim, they literaly "pray and spray" and if a bullet hits one of us then its because there god willed it to happen. Fucking stupid if you ask me, I'm glad my country taught me how to aim and fire my weapon. We'll be on a plane to some base and then load up on the Chinooks to go the rest of the way. Well I'm gonna go now, try not to worry too much about me, you already have enough grey hair! Love ya mom, David.


Please if you are reading this, keep him (and me) in your thoughts and prayers. This is by far the hardest part of being a Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home