Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tenacity

You know, I've been giving this a lot of thought lately and I have come to the conclusion that I really look up to my Mother for strength and endurance. In other words, I feel that my Mother is the most tenacious person I know. The reason I bring this up now, is because it relates to my weight loss. I have been the type of person that has **yo-yoed* over the years with my weight. This is the first time in my life that I have been eating healthy and going to the gym and working out (jogging and sit-ups) at home on off days. I absolutely hate to jog. I used to say that "this chick don't run unless I'm being chased and no one is chasing me". I went back to Ohio over the Thanksgiving Holiday for 4 days and I'm happy to report that I did not gain any weight. I actually went out every morning to the Monument Park and jogged once around the walking path. It only took me 20 minutes total to make it around there. Mind you it was cold and I was bundled up a bit. Every time I wanted to stop running and just walk, a memory of my Mom would pop into my head of how she never gave up. My Mom used to be a member of the Y.M.C.A. and ran in races. It didn't matter to her that 90% of the time she came in, in last place. It meant more to her to finish and to glory in that accomplishment. Mom always used to work out. She had the strongest legs of anyone I knew. She was still always over weight, but the drive she had stays in my mind. If my mom would have been eating a balanced healthy diet with the activities she used to be involved in, she would have looked fantastic. I remember on several occasions when she was in a race and barely moving her legs, but still in a jog, I would step out of the crowd and run with her to the finish line. I was always proud of her (and still am). While I'm at the gym sweating my ass off on the treadmill or the elliptical and wanting to take it easy, I just think of her never quitting on those races and I find the energy to keep going.

I have been maintaining my 50 pound weight loss now since September. I still want to loose about 10 to 20 more pounds but I'm not going to push myself this time of year. There are way too many tempting foods right now to do that. I'm very pleased with my accomplishment over Thanksgiving and hope I do the same over Christmas. I'll really push up the volume on my works outs once the Holidays are over.

I promised some photos once I got my new digital camera. Well, I have the camera and I'm still learning all the buttons and settings on it. Very soon now, I'll post some updated photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home