Tuesday, July 01, 2008

it's been awhile...........

My son has been here since June 21. He sort of just hung out the first few days enjoying not having to do anything or answer to anyone while I was at work. We left on Thursday last week to go back to Ohio so he could spend some time with his Sister and her kids. It's always a joy to see the kids again. We had a small family get together on my ex's side of the family on Friday as some of his cousins and Aunt's and Uncles haven't seen him in a very long time. It was a great get together and it was great seeing them all again. On Saturday, we took the kids to Youngstown, Ohio to a place called Wagon Trails. It's a really cool Safari park that they drive you through and you can feed all the animals. Click on the link and check out their website. I highly recommend this place for kids of all ages to have a great time and see animals up close and learn about them more than you would at the zoo. My Son and I came back yesterday afternoon and let me tell you, I had a much needed nap from all the driving I did over the weekend.

The really awesome news I have to report is that I haven't been to the gym in a week and when I stepped on the scales this morning (1st time since last Wednesday), it showed me at 162 pounds!!!! I have now lost 38 pounds!! Slowly but surely I'm getting this weight off and I feel great. I'm going to the gym this morning after I return the rental car for a long over do workout. I really did feel as though I was in gym withdrawals. I was actually feeling as though I might have gained a few pounds while at my Daughter's but I'm ecstatically happy to see the opposite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home