Monday, August 21, 2006

Taking a Vacation.......

I'm officially unemployed for a little while and loving the thought of it. Now I can really focus on the things I need to get accomplished the rest of the this month. It's all moving quickly. My DSL is being shut off tomorrow and I'm taking my computer over to my Daughter's and hooking it up for her. I have no idea yet when she'll be online, but hopefully it will be soon so I can talk with Deydra by webcam every other day and keep tabs on how she's doing in school this year. It's great to have messenger sometimes.

There hasn't been a change in my Dad's condition. He seems to be about the same. I'm hoping nothing happens while I'm away in Florida. I just don't want Mom being here alone thinking she has to handle things.

Today and tomorrow I have some detailed things I want to get done with this apartment so that when I return next Monday with Bob, all we'll have to do is load the rental truck. All our planning is now here and it's happening fast. I'm so excited.

My next post will be from Maryland in my new home! I'll stop by and make my visits when I'm back online. Try not to have too much fun this week while I'm gone.

I'll leave you with this little bit of humor ~~~~

TEXAS FARMER:

>A farmer got pulled over by a Texas state trooper for speeding, and
>the trooper started to lecture the
>farmer about his speed, and in general began to throw his weight
>around to try to make the farmer
>uncomfortable.
>
>Finally, the trooper got around to writing out the ticket, and as he
>was doing that he
>kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head.
>
>The farmer said, "Having some problems with circleflies there, are
>ya?"
>
>The trooper stopped writing the ticket and said "Well, yeah, if
>that's what they are, I never heard of circle flies".
>
>So the farmer says- "Well, circle flies are common on farms.See,
>they're called circle flies because they're
>almost always found circling around the back end of a horse."
>
>The trooper says, "Oh," and goes back to writing the ticket. Then
>after a minute he stops and
>says, " Hey---wait a minute, are you trying to call me a horse's
>ass?"
>
>The farmer says, "Oh no, officer. I have too much respect for law
>enforcement and police
>officers to even think about calling you a horse's ass."
>
>The Trooper says, "Well, that's a good thing," and goes back to
>writing the ticket.
>
>After a long pause, the farmer says, Hard to fool them flies
>though."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home