Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday...Monday........

Well here it is...Monday the 14th....the official start of my last week of working here. Just 5 more shifts then I'm all done!!! I soooooo need the break too. I'm closing tonight and tomorrow night...get a day off.....work a day shift thursday....get a day off then my last two shift (Saturday and Sunday) are closes. Just 5 more...can you believe it??!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm having my internet shut off (more than likely) on the 21st. Since I'm giving my computer to my Daughter, I need to get it taken apart and packed up to get it over to her place before I go. I'm not sure when she'll get the internet hooked up at her place so I will probably just have to be off line until I reach "my new home". I'll be sure to post to let everyone know exactly when I'll be offline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I keep telling myself that I have so much to do and such a short time to get it all done. The reality is, that I have made a huge dent in anything left to do here. I got home from work lastnight and walked into the kitchen and it looked so bare.....that is the best sign that I'm nearly caught up with packing and cleaning. I was getting pretty overwhelmed with it all. If I just had the packing and cleaning to do I would have been done in about 3 days...not 3 weeks. Working my regular shifts and getting this stuff done in the little time I have between shifts, has been hard on me. I also have issue to deal with with my Dad and it's hard trying to get it all in. I have phone calls to make and meetings to set up and information to look up and that too can be overwhelming. Dad and I have never been close but it's still hard to have to search for information about his death and what we need to do when that happens. He isn't doing that well, but you never know just how long he might hang on. It will be good for me to have 4 days off in a row before I leave for Florida on the 25th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of Florida, I still have to call and reserve a rental car. I need to make sure they have on the size I want the day I leave. I don't want or need any surprises. My son tells me that his roommate just got himself a 4 month old pitbull puppy. Now Cerebus will have a little playmate when he gets there. That will be so cool. I'm glad it's them and not me with a puppy. I hated housebreaking and training puppies. I'm happy for Cerebus, knowing he'll be much happier there. No more being in the house alone for 10 to 11 hours a day with no attention or being let out to pee. I'm not thrilled about the 13 hour drive ahead of me, but its all worth it in the end. I'm going to be on busy girl from here on out for atleast the next 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to the move and getting it all behind me so I can relax and unwind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Driving up to Maryland from Florida (11 hours) to pick up Bob on the 27th. Not sure if we are staying over and leaving the next day or him driving us back here that same day. It's going to be alot of driving and moving at the end of this month. I still haven't heard from my landlord about me moving. I know he knows because he cashed my August rent check. I put a note in there for him giving him my 30 day notice that I was moving out at the end of the month. Guess that's another phone call and meeting I have to arrange. It would be super to have my deposit back before I move rather than have him mail it to me. I can't see a reason why he wouldn't let me have it back in full. Oh well, can't worry about that right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I better hop off of here and get something done. Before I know it, it will be time to head off to work. Hope everyone has a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home