Thursday, August 17, 2006

Today was a long day.

It's been awhile since my alarm woke me up at 5am for work. Going back today was interesting to say the least. My open grill cook was 1/2 an hour late so that meant that I had to start filtering atleast one of the fryers until he got there. To make a long story short, I ended up wearing fryer oil (not hot, it wasn't on) all over the front of my good work shirt when the heating elements dropped back in while I was standing there. Not a good way to start your day at 6:30 in the morning!! I'm sure part of it was because I didn't really have my mind on what I was doing.

I was scheduled till 4pm, but had to leave a little early. My Sister called me today to let me know we had a meeting with an LPN from Harbor Light Hospice Care in my Dad's room at the Nursing Home at 4:15pm. We now have him all signed up for Hospice and he'll be getting a little more attention and this will ease the pressure off the staff of the Nursing Home somewhat. He looked worse again today than he did on Tuesday and Wednesday. I suppose he'll have these up and down days from now on.

When I arrived back home after the meeting, my Daughter and her kids were at my house. A quick call to my Sister and we all agreed to meet for dinner with Mom at the Golden Corral Restaurant. Dinner was very good as always.

When we arrived back at my house after dinner, there was some sort of "bust" going down right at the intersection by my house. We had to drive around the block just to get to my house. Undercover police vehicles surrounded this car and they had a man handcuffed beside one of the vehicles. We obviously missed the search of this man's vehicle, but they had all 4 doors and his trunk open. They hauled him away in a cruiser and then had a tow truck come take his car. Bad day for him!! In the 2 and 1/2 years that I have lived in this apartment, that is the first (that I know of) bust of any kind in this area. Anyway.........

Bob and his Brother started the big move for their Mother today. They loaded her stuff in a u-haul and moved her up to Youngsville, PA. She was accepted into an apartment complex for Seniors through HUD housing. She's excited to be back in PA. Her birthday is next week and I believe she'll be 78 years old. She was pretty ill a couple of years ago and Bob and hi Brother moved her down to Maryland so they could take care of her. She's doing better now and is really happy to be back on her own. Bob will miss her alot and we all know she'll miss Bob. We will defenately be making round trips to PA and Ohio often to go visiting the Mother's. Hopefully atleast every 3 months. (I wouldn't mind 2 months, but we'll see how it fits in with the job scene for us.)

Deydra is spending the night with me tonight and helping me get some last minute stuff accomplished. I leave for Florida in just 7 days!!! The bad news about that trip, is the now Deydra doesn't get to go with me. I was wrong about the day she started school. I had it that she went back on the 30th. Turns out she goes back on the 24th. I had to sit her down and tell her she couldn't go. She took it rather well. She's such a big girl. She's really looking forward to starting school again. She's sad that she doesn't get to see my Son...her Uncle Dee-Dee, but she understands that she can't miss school. I sure hope to be able to make it up to her some day soon.

That was my long it's time for this tired gal to get to bed.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home