Sunday, June 18, 2006

Random stuff......

This is my rose bush that Bob sent to me this year on Valentines Day. It got so cold up in my apartment that I thought it died. I kept nursing it along and re-potted it into this bigger planter. I refuse to plant it in the ground because it's something that I want to keep forever and when I move, if it's planted I wouldn't be able to take it with me. As you can see, it's anything but a dead rose bush. It's twice the size it was when it was delivered back in February. It has several buds on it now and one has opened and a few more are about ready. I couldn't be happier about this.










This is just one of the buds about ready to open up and face the world.











Isn't this just a very pretty orange/yellow rose? I like it because these are mini roses. I'm not really a rose person but I just love this bush. I think roses are pretty but I've never liked how they smell. Now that I really can't smell that much these days it doesn't matter that I have a rose bush. I can't wait till the rest of the buds open. I think it will be a very pretty bush!!





The weather here is very humid. It's 83 degrees already and the air is thick. I took the dog for a walk while there was a slight breeze but now it feels hotter than it really is. Makes it pretty hard to breathe outside. I'm now inside with the air on. I only have a small window a/c unit that is in my bedroom but you can feel the difference if I didn't have it on. It gets pretty hot and sticky up here.

I'm wishing I didn't have to go to work again tonight. Hell for that matter I wish I didn't have to work at all anymore. I feel so run down and have no energy. I just had 2 days off on thursday and friday and you would think that made a difference. Lastnight at work I felt so exhausted that I could have laid down on that hard ass floor and fallen right to sleep. I'm looking forward to the day that we can rotate shifts and I can get off of all these night shifts. I'm too old and out of shape to handle them anymore.

To be honest with everyone, my health has been on my mind alot lately. I try hard to eat the right foods and less of anything I do eat. I'm taking my vitamins and I swear I drink a gallon of water a day. I get a walk or a short bike right in almost every day or every other day. I atleast try to get the dog for a walk because he needs out too. I live upstairs and I swear I can feel my heart beat against my chest everytime I get to the top of the stairs. I can't seem to drop any pounds. I've been having "issues" again and need to call my Doctor that did the colonoscopy last year and ask if he thinks I should have one soon instead of waiting till September when I'm due for one. Now also, even though he said not to worry about it, I have been wondering what's going to show up if anything on the ultrasound my other doctor wants to do on my heart. I wouldn't say I'm "worried" about as much as just thinking about it out of curiousity. My biggest concern is the fact that I have no energy. I could sleep all day and not think another thing about it.

At any given time of the day I have a ton of stuff on my mind. I'm concerned about my daughter and things she's going through. I constantly wonder about where my job is going and whether or not it's in a stand still. If it is, do I stay or look elsewhere? I think about my dog all the time and how I feel I neglect him so much by not being here. Having him cooped up in the apartment for about 12 hours a day is not fair to him at all. My son is supposed to be looking for an apartment so he can take the dog. When he finds this place, how will I get the time off needed to drive the dog to Florida? Getting time off is like pulling my wisdom teeth that I now longer have! I try not to dwell on things or let them bother me, but hey, I'm human and they do.

Just 3 more days then I'm out of here for awhile. Being away will help me to relax and spending time with Bob will be oh so nice. I miss him so much. It's been over 2 months since we have seen each other. That's way too long.

Well, now that I have ranted and raved about a bunch of miscellanious crap, I need to hop off here and spend some good time with the dog before going to work. Wonder if he'd like a bath with the garden hose...lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home