Monday, April 03, 2006

What a weekend.....**way to short**










I'd love to sit here and recap our entire time together, but I'm way too exhausted to do that. So, instead I'll just highlight it then post our pictures.

Since I posted about my lovely flight there on thursday evening, I'll skip all that now. We were all up early on Friday and ready to leave for downtown DC by 10 am. You couldn't have wanted a more pleasant day. The weather was absolutely perfect. The high was 83 degrees and there was just a faint breeze in the air. The Cherry Blossom trees were at their "peak bloom". I just hope my pictures captured the true beauty that we actually saw in person. Every now and then you could get a good whif of the fragrance they had too. We saw a few of the memorials and I'll post a couple of those. All in all we were only there for about 4 hours. We had lunch at the "Post Pub". Very awesome food, I highly recommend you go there if you are ever in that area. After arriving back to his Brother's house, we all needed a nap. I don't think I have ever been so exhausted to where I can fall asleep practically instantly in ages. Bob and I went to his neighbors for drinks and conversation later that evening. They are very nice people. The husband told Bob he has good taste in woman according to his wife...seems he loves long hair on a woman too....hehehe. Hope my long hair isn't the only thing I have good going for me.

Before I knew it, it was Saturday and time was flying by. Bob and I took a small drive Saturday morning and that was nice. We had a light lunch at "Franklins". Again, I highly recommend this place. We rode the metro inot DC to find our hotel. What an adventure that turned out to be. We were given what seemed to be the most simple instructions on how to find this place from the metro. Turns out a step was left out or something. We eventually found it and were never really far from it. Good thing it was a good day for walking...hehehe. After being slightly wind blown, we got all checked in and had a short time to relax before getting ready for the dinner cruise. I had a fabulous time and wish I had more photos from that part of this trip. While waiting for the gates to open up we walked around a little and found a nice marina bar. The wind was just unmerciful to us. All that time I spent fixing my hair nearly turned out to be pointless. I still looked ok, but wanted to look better. Trust me that no amount of hair spray would have held up to that wind!! We finally all got boarded and left port around 7:15 or so I think it was. They had some crew members that sang and danced and got the guest to participate some. Dinner it's self was fantastic. I had things I never had before and if any of you really know me, you know what a picky eater I can be. There wasn't one thing I tried that I didn't like. (I skipped the veggies on purpose). The fireworks went off around 8:30 and een though the wind was blowing as hard as it was, alot of us went out on the bow to watch them. I took a little mini video of them with my digital camera. I still haven't figured out how to get that to post. So sometime when I do have it figured out, I'll get it posted. The night ended all too soon and while waiting for our taxi to arrive to take us back to the hotel, I started to feel like cinderella. The night was all too good to be real and then before you know it, it's all over. We arrived back at the hotel sometime between 11 and 11:30pm. I made sure to call the front desk for a wake up call at 4am so we knew I would be up to get ready to go to the airport. Loosing an hour sleep to the time change really sucked. It robbed me of just one more hour to be with Bob. I was ready on time in the morning and the cab arrived by 5:10 to take us to the airport. My flight was on time (always a plus) so I didn't have much time to sit with Bob before going through security. I hate leaving him and can't wait till I don't have to deal with that moment again. I had no trouble with that 1st flight of the day. However, while waiting for my next flight out of Detroit, they posted a delay on the screen. We ended up leaving an hour later than scheduled. I was thinking that I was going to have to call my job and tell them I was stuck in Detroit. It all worked out and I arrived in Cleveland just in time to drive straigh to work. I arrived at work by 2:1opm and was scheduled to start at 2:30pm. Nothing like cutting your trip done to the last minute.

So, there it is, our weekend in print. (hope that didn't bore you). Now on with the pictures........






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home