Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I have a job interview tomorrow!!!

Cross your fingers and toes or whatever you want to cross for me. I recieved a call today from Commerce Bank for a position as Customer Service Representive. I can still go for teller if I want, but she's positive I more than qualify for the other position. I know I can do it, I just don't want to get into something that is more than I want. I know I'll like it, that's for sure. If I go part time, that is Thursday through Sunday's....(everyweek at 29 hours). If I go Full time, it's Monday through Friday and alternate weekends...(40 hours). I have a feeling if they like me and offer me the job, I'll more than likely go with Full time. The main reason being, I don't want to end up in a "hi/bye" relationship with Bob. The part time position is Thursday's & Friday's from 3 to 8pm and day shifts on Saturday's & Sunday's. I hear you know... and I agree...that's not a bad shift at all. When Bob starts his job in DC, he'll be working Monday through Friday early mornings and off the weekends. He'll still be doing his regular self employed stuff, but if he and I are to get time off together to say..."go bacck to Ohio or PA"..it would have to be on the weekend and if I take that part time position, we won't be able to do that. Oh the decisions I have lately....lol. I really didn't want to work 40 hours a week, but I guess it's way better than 50 a week and mostly all 2 to midnight shifts huh?!!

You know I went on a little shopping trip today and got my nails done and had to get an eyebrow wax. Poor things were starting to grow everywhich way. The other day I bought a pair of shoes and two outfits and today I bought one more outfit. I still need shoes to wear with a dress/skirt.

I rode the Metro (subway) all by myself today. Good thing since I have to do it again tomorrow to get to Vienna, Va where the open house/interview is. Plus, that's where the two weeks of training will be. I'm glad that I'm comfortable with the Metro system. Trust me, if you have never used it before and/or if you hate being in dark places for too long like me, it takes some getting used to. Tunnels aren't too bad as long as I can see that light at the end. The first time I rode the Metro with Bob, it really freaked me out. It's not so bad now though. I almost dozed off on the ride home today. Sure beats trying to drive in all the DC traffic!!

My interview isn't until 4pm tomorrow which is a good thing since I still need to find a good pair of dress shoes. Finally I get the chance after 19 years to actually wear nice clothes to a job and not have to put my hair up unless I want to.

Stay tuned for an update!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home