Thursday, October 05, 2006

I wonder sometimes "what was I thinking".

So here I am 45+ years old and have worked in Management for nearly 20 years. So how is it that I can't pass a simple math test? What is this??? ((6+4)(6+4))-(25x2)=? I remember when I was in my sophmore year of high school and had algebra, that I got A's & B's. I haven't the slightest clue how to go about with these problems. I'm applying online for a bank teller position. I have been a banking customer for a good many years now and I have never witnessed even one teller using algebra to complete one of my transactions!! There were more test problems besides the one I posted here, but I don't remember them. Fractions even. So okay I'm about to let you all know how ignorant I am when it comes to math. What is 1/2 of 2/3rds? I swear if I have to take a math test for real when and not online, I have a fear now that they will laugh me right out their bank.

I could get a job here today at any Subway here in town with my past history....BUT IT'S NOT WHAT I WANT TO DO ANYMORE!!

I have been at this computer for an hour an a 1/2 applying online with my new resume and my brain is fried more now than when I woke up. I'm feeling pretty stupid at the moment for not knowing simple algebra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home