Friday, February 24, 2006

Isaac is really sick


I'm babysitting Isaac today since he can't go to daycare for awhile. Heather took him to the doctor yesterday because his little voice is nearly gone and his eyes had mucas stuff in them. Poor little guy just squeeks like a mouse. Turns out he has RSV..(an upper respitory infection that infants get). He doesn't have a temperature which is good. I have to check it a few times a day to make sure it doesn't get above 100.3 or I'm to take him to the hospital immediately. He is taking HYDRAMINE ELIXIR 3 times a day for 3 days and he's on a nebulizer breathing machine every 4 hours. Since he has to be elevated for his breathing...I think I'll get alot of rocking done today...lol. Something I don't mind at all. So needless to say, I have my hands full today..(literally). The only bad thing about that is I didn't get home from work until 1:20 this morning and was awaken by Heather's phone call at nearly 7:30 to tell me to meet her at the car since she had so much stuff for him that she was bringing. I'm sure I'll do fine...I just don't want to doze off at any point today and miss a treatment or just simply not hear him since he's lost his voice and really isn't able to cry. He sounds like a really hoarse kitten crying for his mommy when he does cry. Good thing I have they day off today so Heather doesn't have to miss work.


****UPDATE****
I had to take Isaac to the hospital around noon today. I started to give him his breathing treatment but his temperature was 102ยบ. I called Heather at work and she met me at the hospital. The triage nurse gave him some tylenol right way. They took us back to the room and his heart rate was 200 and oxygen was 97. We were told that was all good. At this current time which is 5pm, Heather is still at the hospital with Isaac. They gave him an IV because he is a little dehydrated. The emergency room doctor called the pediatrican then came back an ordered a chest xray. I won't know more until Heather comes back. I had to leave so I could pick up Deydra from day care. As soon as I know anything more, I'll update again.

****UPDATE****
It's 8:15pm and I just returned from going back to the hospital. They admitted Isaac. He has congestion in his right lung. He has what they said was the beginning stage of pnuemonia. Heather is upset and naturally so being the mom of a new born and having to even go back to work so soon. The hospital said it was good that we got him there today and it was discovered early. I have no clue now how long he'll be in the hospital. All they said was he has to stay until his lung is clear. I couldn't wait any longer to see the doctor so I don't have any more information. I'll update again when I do.

I found this site on just what is RSV and I'm finding it to be very educating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home