Monday, December 05, 2005

Only I can screw something easy up!!!!

Okay here's the deal......

I am trying to make commenting here alot easier. I'm tyring to install Haloscan. I see it on other blogs and you never have to use word verification anymore and spammers just don't get through.

Problem:
I went to Haloscan this morning to see if I could figure out how to put this in my blog. Seemed easy enough. Sign up..make an account and hit auto install. There was a link posted in here that Haloscan was now installed. I opened the comment box to see it and discovered it was still blogger with word verification. I went to the troubleshooting page and tried a "suggestion" and believe it or not...I think I screwed up my template now. I'm afraid to "add" anything or "delete" anything because I have no clue what all these codes are.

Can we say major frustration!!!!!!!!!

Anyone out there care to offer help to a non-techy person that has any clue what the hell I'm even talking about???????????????

3 Comments:

Blogger Kodijack said...

You should probably go back to Haloscan and look at their FAQ's or troubleshooting. I know nothing about it either but that is where I would start. And your template looks fine right now.

10:26 AM  
Blogger the_mrs said...

Blogger Help can help you to get your comments back to the way they were, and then you can start over again from scratch. Just go to the "Help" part, enter "template tags: walk through" and that should help a bit. It looks complicated, but it's easy to pick up on.

I kow when I tried Haloscan before, you had to wait 24 hours or something like that to make sure installation was complete and all that. So I'd go back to Haloscan and follow the installation step again and see what happens.

4:27 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

I can say it, I can say it....
MAJOR FRUSTRATION!!!!

Whew, that felt good!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home