Thursday, October 20, 2011

things are looking up..............

So....things weren't the best in my life and quite frankly I knew I was worth better.  As it turns out...even though I moved away for what I thought was better...tuned out to not be.  It's not all bad though.  The person I left that wasn't treating me all that well, has turned out to be a really good friend.  I can tell this person just about anything...even what I am now going through and this person is NOT judgemental about it or me.  We have learned alot about each other in the past 4-1/2 months. I miss my old job and even though I am not the type of person to socialize much, I have to admit that I miss hanging with our friends from time to time.  I left them all behind.  They say people always think the grass is greener on the other side.  Well, why not want the greener grass?  I love alot about being here in the heart of the midwest.  I am not a big city person and was pretty much uncomfortable in Maryland. I'm not completely comfortable here, but it is getting better.  The main reason I came out here, has turned out to be NOTHING like I was told it was going to be.  I have been heart broken and picking up the peices of my heart on a daily basis.  As of today, at this very moment, I have to say that I am finally happy and content with my life. Sure I don't have the relationship that I was promised, but I have a relationship none the less.  It is simply a really good friendship relationship. I have decided to stop dwelling on not having things as I wanted them and expected them to be and be thankful for what I do have.  I have a job that I really like and just picked up a 2nd one that I think I'll like too.  I have a home to live in so that I'm not homeless and on the streets. I have a paid for, good running car. I have 2 wonderful grown children and 4 beautiful grandkids. I have a Mom that loves me and a Sister that is trying to understand me, which that in itself is a blessing as we haven't always gotten along.  I have a great extended family of Nieces and Nephews. I have my faith in God, and who needs more than that!!??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home